Thursday, December 29, 2016

Happy Birthday today December 29th


Happy 44th to actor Jude Law!
Check out more of Jude HERE:
& More of today's birthday boys HERE: & HERE:


I remember vividly the first time I laid eyes on Jude Law. It was before The Talented Mr. Ripley and A.I, and even before I bought a DVD of Wilde. I was a little late to the Internet party. I think the first time I dialed up was at work in the late 90's. It was still another year or two before I bought a computer and dialed up from home. One of the first places I found to enjoy the male form was a place I know many of you are familiar with, the old Campfire Video forum.


It was there that I first saw promotional images of a 21 year old Jude Law from the Broadway production of Indiscretions. (Les Parents Terribles) The play also featured Kathleen Turner, Roger Rees, Cynthia Nixon and Eileen Atkins. The play made it's debut in April 1995, ended in November 1995, and landed Law his first Tony Nomination for Best Featured Actor is a play. Law was nominated again in 2010 for his turn in Hamlet.


Act Two of Indiscretions opens with Law soaking in a bathtub, and for 220 performances, emerges naked naked from the tub to dry himself off. I remember seeing the images of Cynthia Nixon, with a wet and naked Law thinking he was one of the most beautiful men I had ever seen. Sadly, the play had closed long before I first saw the images, so could not be one of the lucky audience members to witness Jude rising naked from that tub.


Law's nude scene was also before most people had handy phones with camera's to catch every memorable moment. I did however satisfy my Law love by joining Amazon and ordering the DVD of Wilde. Law's talent and beauty was on full display in a memorable performance that captured the young actor on the verge of the stardom that was about to come his way. Happy 44th Jude!



No comments: