Sunday, January 29, 2017

Riverdale Re-Dux


Some FH readers might already know that the post below is not new. I have loved Archie and the gang since I was a kid and posted this piece about the Hunks of Riverdale after first hearing about the shows casting last spring. But...after having now watched the pilot, I thought it needed a repeat airing. I will just say that I LOVED Riverdale. The show is dark and sexy in a Twin Peaks sort of way, while at the same time a whole lot of fun. Each character from the comic book is both true to form while at the same time all having a modern twist. (Ms. Grundy anyone...) Kevin Keller is part of the gang, and if you haven't seen the episode yet, wait for his brief, but well worth it, almost scene with Moose.


Long time FH readers know I love me some Archie Andrews and the gang. I have written several times about growing up reading the comics and my affection for the Riverdale High ginger. Last month, The CW wrapped up filming the pilot for Riverdale, the networks update featuring Archie and the gang.


The update certainly seems to be adding the sexy, with a hot group of actors playing Archie, Reggie, Kevin, Moose and even a huge hit of hunky in their version of Jughead. If you haven't already, let me introduce you to the new crop of students from Rivdale High.


If the dark haired K.J. Apa,  (above) doesn't scream Archie Andrews, how about K.J after a little Clairol......




I would never have thought of former Disney star Cole Sprouse to play Jughead Jones, but let's hope the show at least takes advantage of their casting by recreating a few of those beach scenes from the comics.



I love the casting of Ross Butler as Reggie Mantle.  Not only is Ross sexy as hell, he has the attitude to pull off Riverdale's rich snob.


Kevin Keller marks' actor Casey Cott's first professional acting gig on screen.

Kody Kearsley may need a bit of blonde Clairol to pull off playing Moose Mason, but he certainly seems to have the legs and body for the part.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I was a little excited which I first heard about Riverdale until I saw the first few episode. I never understood "Hollywood" and their . . casting. Archie (KJ Apa), would not have been my first or even second choice, Nicholas Barasch (Julian Blossom) or Trevor Stines (Jason Blossom):SEARCH THEM BOTH . . they would have been a better choice for Archie.