Tuesday, May 30, 2017

Actors & SKIN: Jeff Conaway


'Relax... A hickie from Kenickie is like a Hallmark card, when you only care enough to send the very best!'
Kenickie, Grease


Jeff Conaway wasn't really on my radar when I was younger. I saw Grease for the first time in the mid eighties at the drive in, it was part of a double feature with Footloose on 'Musical' themed night. Like many, I wore out my VHS, and then my cassette from the movies soundtrack over the next year or so. I now have the CD, and the DVD, but I don't believe either has every been played.


Other than Grease I think the only projects I saw Conaway in were a couple of Taxi repeats and his role as Chuck, one of Jon-Erik Hexum's roommates in a copy of Making of a Male Model I purchased on ebay. I know by the end of his short life, he was sadly mostly known for his struggles with addiction, a struggle Conaway chose to take public by appearing on the reality show, Celebrity Rehab.


I didn't find him all that attractive when I was younger, but looking back, in his Hollywood hey days, Conway was a great looking guy, tall and lean with long wavy hair. Recently, I read a thread on DC which mentioned two films in which Conaway had nude scenes. I thought it would be a good idea to take a look back, and share some memories of the young actor at a time when his career was in focus and before life's complications took over. I managed to find copies of both movies and although his nudity was brief, (blink and you'll miss it) it is indeed there.

Taxi  (1978-1982)

Conaway has a brief partial ass flash in the 1992 flick Almost Pregnant. The movie wasn't bad. Conaway and Tanya Roberts want a baby, and given they are not having much luck, decide bedding others might be the ticket. The second nude scene was more interesting, a frontal flash in 1984's Covergirl. The frontal almost seems like an accident, something maybe not intended, but given it ended up in the final edit, I am assuming Conaway must have known, and agreed to it's inclusion. I uploaded the clips, but sized them smaller than normal as the quality wasn't that great and when I enlarged them, they were less clear.


Breaking Up Is Hard to Do  (1979)
Jeff with Billy Crystal, Robert Conrad and Tony Musante

Making of a Male Model  (1983)

Almost Pregnant  (1992)



Covergirl (1984)



No comments: