Thursday, March 16, 2017

Exceedingly Irish: Seamus O'Reilly by JDT Photo


Séamus: 
(Irish pronunciation: ʃeːməs) a male first name of Celtic origin. It is the Gaelic equivalent of the name James.
O'Reilly
(Irish: Ó Raghallaigh) is a group of families, ultimately all of Irish Gaelic origin, who were historically the kings of East Bréifne in what is today County Cavan.


I can almost here Friends Phoebe Buffay asking 'Could he be anymore Irish?' When I was thinking of the perfect Irishman to help celebrate St. Patrick's Day, I could not think of anyone better suited than Seamus O'Reilly. Although Seamus was born in Chicago, his name, not to mention his fair skin and physical features bring together so many qualities we traditionally connect with hot Irish men!


'I’ve got a friends who told me that if I ever shaved that they’d stop talking to me. My fire-bush has gotten me more photo shoots than anything else, because that’s something that not a lot of people have.'



I remembered that Jesse from JDT Photography had previously sent on these shots of Seamus and today seemed the perfect day to share them. I love the way Jesse so beautifully captures his models, especially when photographing the male form outside. Although these images were not in Georgia, the lush green has you feeling like you could be in a forest in Ireland.


I have seen Seamus captured in many photo shoots, but I think Jesse's is by far one of my favorites. Because of his work in adult films, Seamus is generally shot in studio, with a focus on his harder edges. I love the softness Jesse captured, and the quiet beauty of Seamus alone in the fields and the woods. Even his eyes are softer, projecting less of the sexual energy he is known for, and more of the peace and beauty of both the moment, and then environment surrounding him.




No comments: