Sunday, July 23, 2017

Boy Bait


'More than just a tasty blueberry cake, it's rumored that this recipe for Blueberry Boy Bait can help a snag the man of your choosing.'


Some of you may remember my post a few weeks ago featuring Andrew Smyth, the ginger haired cutie from last seasons The Great British Bake-Off. (The Ginger, Bread Man) Although the reality show was in it's 7th series, I had only just discovered it last month with its airings on PBS. I have since started watching an earlier season and in one of the last episodes I watched, a contestant was working on a Peach and Blueberry dessert, (image above) that she described as Boy Bait. (Recipe HERE:)


I laughed when I heard the term, but also thought the two words were quite hot when said together. I had not heard the term before, but after a quick google, I discovered it is not new. I expected to find sexy images of men of women showing a bit of skin to attract the male form, but instead google displayed various incarnations of the blueberry dessert, along with a few types of make-up designed to help a woman bit her hook.


I am not sure a sugar filled dessert would attract a gay man as well as a straight man. Not that gay men don't like great food, I have just found that most of them, have learned themselves how to prepare the things they love, both in the kitchen, and elsewhere. When I think of bait, I think of the things that have me wanting bite on and be reeled in. I think of confidence and humour, guys who are passionate about their work and able to discuss a wide range of subjects from politics and environmental issues through Game of Thrones and Survivor.


I of course also think of the physical, the tight jeans, a great head of hair, abs, sexy underwear, a flash of butt crack or the various other parts of a man that grab my interest. Some confuse bait with tease, but there is a very distinct difference. A tease is a verb, an action or description. The opening of a shirt, the wearing of low hanging jeans or a sexy walk. Bait is not an action, but the actual dangled worm attached to the hook. You may open your shirt to tease, but it's the bare chest that's actually the bait. Teases also don't always end in a catch, but using the right bait, ups your chances of hauling in a big one.

Chris Hemsworth giving good bait

The Hoff

David Hasselhoff and Gleb Savchenko prove that some baiting techniques, like showing off your chest (hairy or shaven) is timeless. It worked for Hasselhoff in the 70's and Savchenko today.

Gleb

Marky Mark being direct about his bait.

Putting it out there, hook, line and sinker

No comments: