Friday, January 19, 2018

Christopher Reeve in Death Trap


'This is Clifford Anderson, my secretary; my friend...'


After watching 1982's film version of Deathtrap, I couldn't help but feel it really was better suited for the stage. The Ira Levin written play premiered on Broadway in 1978 on Broadway. The character of Clifford Anderson, played by Reeve in the film, was played by Victor Garber in the original production, a role Garber received a Tony nomination for.


The 'play within a play' framework seems better suited for the stage than on film, and although not necessarily confusing, was not as fun as I imagine it was to see on the stage. That being said, I enjoyed the movie, the performances and Christopher Reeve's brief shirtless scene. Although not as bulked as he was for Superman, Reeve looked amazingly lean and hot. As you can see, Michael Canine's character thought so as well....



No comments: